Pineapple Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar or substitute
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, optional
- 1 pinch ginger, optional
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 2 whole large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups grated zucchini, unpeeled (squeeze excess liquid)
- 20 oz. can crushed pineapple in juice, drained well or fresh pineapple
- 8 oz 1/3 fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar or substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, coconut, baking soda, salt, and spices; stir well with a whisk.
In a medium bowl, combine oil, eggs, and vanilla; stir well. Add grated zucchini and pineapple; mix well. Fold wet ingredients with the dry ingredients, batter will be stiff and dry but keep folding it and it will all come together.
Spoon batter into a Bundt pan or 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for about 33-40 minutes, depending on pan size or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and cake is pulling away from sides of pan. Cool cake completely on a wire rack.
To prepare frosting, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread frosting over top of cake. You can garnish with chopped pecans or walnuts, if desired (extra points).